21 Things I Learned Being 21
Hi friends! What a YEAR it’s been. I started dreaming up this blog about a year ago, this time. It’s been such a cozy haven for me to open up in, talk at the truth, and share the ins and outs of my crazy life this year. Along with starting a blog, I did my junior year of college online, took an internship, took a second internship, decided to go on gap year, and move cities. All while living through a worldwide pandemic! I had no idea life would bring me here a year ago, and I cannot WAIT to see where life takes me a year from now.
As I get ready to turn the page to 22 this Monday, I wanted to share some thoughts and lessons I’ve learned from this chapter. I’m looking forward to growing this little blog even more in 22, so I hope you come back to see it grow with me. Onto the blog post!
- People are the most dissapointing species. Truly.
- Hyper-independence is a lonely place to be.
- Asking for help is hard. Not asking for help is hard. One of them is always harder than the other.
- Nobody, absolutely nobody has a right to tell you who you are. Don’t let them.
- Respect people’s work withouth respecting their character. Often times, the two don’t match up.
- God is still Good.
- Your life doesn’t have to make sense to other people, as long as it makes sense to you.
- Quality over quanity. From my closet to my friends.
- Hobbies are so important.
- I am one of the least boring people I know.
- I was not made for this world, so it makes sense if I don’t fit into it.
- I cannot be everything to everyone. Build those boundaries.
- I’d rather have no friends at all, over having bad friends.
- I have sooo much respect for people who do stuff to progress their life. Doing anything for yourself is NOT easy.
- A good night’s sleep doesn’t fix everything, but it fixes a lot of things.
- As strange as it feels to praise, I have so much to be proud of.
- I am years ahead of most people my age (that I know) and that is my biggest accomplishment.
- The absolute number one privlege in life is being born into a good family.
- It is always their loss.
- You truly have nobody but yourself at the end of the day.
- Call. Them. Out.
Thank you as always friends! So thankful if you’ve read along with my blog this year, and listened to me share some of my stories, successes, and failures. Hope to see you join me here again in 22! Until next time xxx