My 2024 New Year Resolutions!
Hi friends! I’ve totally neglected this blog for most of 2023. Blame it on my last year spending time with college friends, the job hunt process, literally moving across the country, finally starting my career in news (pinch me!) and just trying to survive the craziness of everything that happens when you uproot your life.
I love doing news years resolutions because it feels like turning a fresh, crisp new leaf every time. I’m so excited for this year, and I hope to God I’m not being naive in expecting things to go smoother this year. I really wanna get back to blogging in 2023, so I thought I’d start now and share some of my resolutions that I’m putting out there and praying over. Here we go!
- Get back to blogging and podcasting! Both were a HUGE effort to get off the ground, and I feel like I just started before life got crazy and I had to take a break from both. I’m going to work on my next podcast episode this weekend and I can’t wait to share it soon!
- Pray for more people- I’m not the best at this, but I meet so many people through my job that could use prayers and I want to work on praying for them more because I can only do so much to help them myself
- Figure out how I can go back to school again- this one gives me a lot of anxiety because I have no clue how I’m going to afford another degree. I barely found a way to pay for undergrad. I really wanna go into health reporting, so I need to find someway I can make another degree happen!
- Fall in love with running again. I used to be so good at this at this! I really wanna get back to it
- Make more friends in Georgia- I can count on one hand the new friends I’ve made since I moved here in the past 6 months. It’s so not easy making friends outside of college, but I know I can do it I start socializing more and stop going straight home after work
- Catch more football games- I’ve barely watched any college football since graduating. My school has an alumni group in Atlanta that watches most of the games together, and I wanna make the trip up there on the weekends if I’m not working
- Read more books- every time I get back into reading I seriously wonder why I ever stopped. I live right next a library in Macon so I really don’t have any excuse!
- Lost ten pounds- I feel like I’ve had this same goal for the past 3 years haha! But I really think I can make it happen this year
- Pay off student loans- I cringe so hard every time I remember I took out loans to go to school. I think saving is SO hard for everyone these days but I really wanna get rid of mine before the end of next year
- Go home more- I really need to be better at finding time for family
- Have more fun- you know your life is sad when you have to actively work on that haha. But life’s just absolutely drained me so much in the past 6 months. When you have a mountain load of responsibility to deal with everyday, it’s hard to go out and live your best life! So here’s hoping 2023 gives me less problems to solve so I can spend more time doing things that fill my cup instead of drain it!
And that’s all folks! I hope you’re getting into some fun things in 2023! Cheers to the future and cheers to all of our resolutions!