Top 10 Health and Wellness Changes I made in 2021
Hi friends! It’s been a while. Hope you’re all well and hope each one of you take the time to review your 2021: what personal goals did you make, what milestones did you reach, what did you learn about yourself? What did life bring and take away from you? And what can you do to become even happier next year despite it all?
This year I’m just so excited to take everything I learned in 2021 and apply it even more to my life. 2021 was my first year out of school in 16 back-to-back years but strangely it’s the year I think I’ve learned the most #StreetSmarts (: The last time my perspective on life changed so much was when I moved out at 16- that’s a story for another time. But this year something completely different happened and for the first time in years, I truly feel like a new version of myself. A holistically healthier (and because of that) happier person.
This is the first year I started taking my health seriously and while I do wish I started earlier, I’m so thankful I learned these things sooner than later. 2021 started with a diagnosis that absolutely shattered me. I was heartbroken and didn’t know what to do with the diagnosis, so I started researching. I didn’t even know what I was searching for, but somehow all these things found me along the way and became a permanent part of my life now. And these things one by one awakened a push to become healthier in all aspects of life. I’m really looking forward to making even more lifestyle changes in 2022, because little by little, a little becomes a lot.
Here’s what I learned that’s has changed the future of my life for the better moving forward.
1) Wearing sunscreen everyday
2) Using social media as a tool to learn more about health and wellness. There are SO many good resources on social media!
3) Reading the ingredients at the grocery store for every. single. processed. item
4) Changing my diet to be 95% clean
5) Getting a gym membership and actually using it
6) Getting really good sleep every night
7) Getting on and off the birth control pill
8) Getting outside more than ever
9) Quitting all my mediocre friendships
10) Setting boundaries and telling people off when they crossed them
And I’m so excited to make even more changes by next year’s time! I’m hoping to make non-toxic swaps for skincare and makeup, and add non-toxic cleaners to my house and cut down my usage of things that disrupt our hormones. Cheers to a new year and cheers to treating our bodies with more care than ever before, because you deserve to live a healthy & happy life!